When my husband and I decided we wanted to start a family, we thought it would happen right away. We were both healthy and young enough - or so we thought - but we were thrown for a loop when we discovered that we would need to undergo IVF (in vitro fertilization) to conceive. What should have been a magical and empowering time in our lives became stressful and confusing. Trying to conceive, celebrating successes, and navigating fertility challenges impacted every part of my life – my health, self-image, confidence, relationships, marriage, even my career.
These experiences inspired me to become a holistic health coach to support other women in navigating this powerful time in their lives. I learned that no matter where you are in the process, and no matter what the outcome, you can take control of your health and wellness, identify your strengths and struggles, uncover your own inner beauty, live fully in the present moment, and embrace the growth that can accompany the journey of (in)fertility.
I know that there is an inner strength that accompanies the preparation of your body for fertility, and personal growth that comes with the heartache and challenges. I want women who deal with (in)fertility to know that they are not alone, and that they have the power to be in charge of their own health and wellness during this journey.
As your fertility coach, I will:
- Be your companion and advisor as we work together to uncover your concerns and goals regarding your fertility journey
- Help you listen to your body and understand what it needs, get in touch with what you really want, and develop the confidence to achieve it
- Work with you to develop personalized progressive, sustainable, workable action items each time we meet
- Help you find your own sense of empowerment and ability to thrive
- Accompany you as you discover how rich, nourishing, and enjoyable your life is right now
We may explore issues such as:
- Preparing your body for conception through nutrition and exercise
- Reducing stress and building gratitude
- Working through the often difficult choices – and labels – you may encounter
- Reframing the anxiety and emotions surrounding (in)fertility
- Understanding the new relationship with your body
- Preserving self-care throughout fertility and conception
- Maintaining healthy relationships with friends, partners, and family
With a professional background in higher education, particularly in advising, I am a lover of learning and sharing information. As a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I believe that true health and wellness come from a lifestyle that incorporates, balances, and recognizes the interconnectedness of a diet of whole, real foods, physical activity, nourishing relationships, a healthy home environment, and a purpose-driven life.
No matter what is on the other side of (in)fertility for you, with support and empowerment, it is possible for you to come through the process having taken control of your health and wellness, learned the importance of self-care, developed a new sense of self, and forged your own path. I hope to be able to accompany you on this journey.
Discovery Session (30 minutes via phone) FREE
Coaching $65/hour session (minimum 3 sessions)
Let’s connect to take back your health today.
Ready to begin your Discovery Session at no cost or obligation? We'd love to speak with you.
Contact Jessica at jessica at wellfamilyhouston dot com or (330) 208- 3564.