Infant massage is a wonderful way for parents and caregivers to bring the benefits of touch to their newborns and young children.
Some of the benefits include:
- Promotes relaxation, helping babies to self-regulate
- Enhances immune function
- Improves circulation and normalizes muscle tone
- Encourages better sleep
- Decreases elevated levels of the stress hormone, cortisol
- Helps with congestion, gas and colic
- Improves digestion
- Encourages pre-verbal communication between caregivers and their infants
- Helps parents feel more confident and competent in caring for their children as they learn their cues and rhythms
- Fosters positive bonding and one-on-one quality time together
- Helps parents relax and unwind
It’s never too late for parents to begin practicing massage with their babies and children!
Instructor: Brandie Mitchell, RN, LMT is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Loving Touch Foundation.
Private, Group, and In-home classes available.
infant massage Group Classes
Infant Massage Classes are two one-hour lessons usually 1-2 weeks apart. Families will learn specific techniques and principles that can be used with children of all ages. Connect with other families and discover the many benefits of therapeutic massage for babies.
$45/family, includes massage oil and instructional booklet
(minimum 3 families)
infant massage Private Instruction
In-office private lesson $85
Includes massage oil and instructional booklet
In-home private lesson $110
Includes massage oil and instructional booklet.
Pediatric Massage Therapy is beneficial for children of all ages and with a variety of health concerns. Nurturing touch benefits children in and out of the hospital setting.
Some of the conditions we work with are:
- Sports-related injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Down Syndrome
- Hearing Loss
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spina Bifida
- Visual Impairment
- Terminal Illness, Palliative Care, Hospice
package of three includes initial consultation $225
In-Home or Hospital Appointments
Package of three includes initial consultation $285